Official Feudalife MAIN GAME feedback Thread

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

This is the official feedback thread for Feudalife.
The game has just been released on IndieGala and currently is in Alpha.

Feudalife is intended to evolve with the feedback of the people playing it.
Tell us what you like, what you do not and report all the issues you encounter.

We will start with this thread, but do not hesitate, please, to open new ones for more specific topics or suggestions.
Please keep all feedback related to the main game only! If you need help with Challenge Mode, please post to the dedicated thread.

Thank you!

justtoff

The wiki says the map types will randomly occur in the wildlands. I have walked through the entire grid twice, and I can't find any maps with trees. So, I can't find apples to finish the "Into the Wild" quest. Any ideas? Does it regenerate at some point?

MatiasDesu

Originally posted by: justtoff said:
The wiki says the map types will randomly occur in the wildlands. I have walked through the entire grid twice, and I can't find any maps with trees. So, I can't find apples to finish the "Into the Wild" quest. Any ideas? Does it regeHinerate at some point?
Hi, do you really walked for every map of the wild zones? Is really strange, try to clear the data and start a new game if you don't find any Apple Tree

justtoff

Originally posted by: MatiasDesu said:
Hi, do you really walked for every map of the wild zones? Is really strange, try to clear the data and start a new game if you don't find any Apple Tree
Yes, it looks like a grid of 5x5 maps, and each one is more or less divided up into 4 quadrants. I only saw ruined walls, plateaus, some with bare plains and rocks, and a few with columns.

I followed your advice, started a new game just now and tried it again. Finished the first few quests, walked out and went through the grid of 5x5 again. I didn't see a single tree...just the same features: plateaus, ruins, plains and columns. No trees, no animals, no water, as appears on the maps in the wiki.

Am I doing something wrong?
==============
UPDATE: After restarting a second time, I went into the wild zones and it looks like it should. Trees, animals, etc. Now I'm in business!

Corsaire

Hi there!

Any chance to have a french translation? Or can I help to write one? (I'm native french speaking)

SilverDazzleDread

Moin Moing,
you should point out the use of the inventory for growing red beens, I had a hard time figuring out where to get the seeds.
Ciao, Fabio

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by: Chazz the Elder said:
Gave up before I started - on Firefox in a window, the welcome letter is basically unreadable.
This is weird.
1. are you playing fullscreen ( there is a 'go fullscreen' button on the page )

2. which resolution are you on? Game is best with full hd.

Lora_L

It's a little annoying always rebuild tent. How I can off music? And for what there is button with Z and Flower?
Nice game, I love games like Harvest Moon - farming, love and adventures!

Annorax

Hi Everyone!

The game totally freeze after I complete the Potions and Notions quest. I tried reload the game many times but it freeze already.
I can't play the game beyond this point.
Please solve this problem.

Thanks!

0nionbooty

same problem as annorax and dando
ive completed the potion quest

theres a bird that delivers a piece of mail right after completion and i think thats what makes it freeze(devs help)

i had to get into game and immediately walk up into the area above (which leads to the town and merchant for seeds)

BEFORE THE GAME FREEZES open your inventory and move the health potion to any other slot and it will complete the quest for you

then immediately walk back down and HOPEFULLY after black screen loading it will open to the camera panning on a bird flying in with a new piece of mail

if it doesnt work or freezes up keep trying over and over until you complete the quest and are able to save

my theory is having the potion quest register as completed and then walking back into the farm area bringing up the black loading screen helps the game load and process everything correctly

unrelated: i think the freeze is related to a lack of ram, when i play this game with a bunch of other programs open, task manager tells me im using 92% ram and during that time i experience freezes or long loading screens which makes a prompt to exit or wait for it to load
closing other programs instantly fixes it

i really dont know what im doing tho if your experience differs this is just what ive found so far
try running the game with nothing else open just to complete the potion quest

0nionbooty

where do i place the grindstone? ive moused all over the house and outside the house but it wont let me build it anywhere

suggestion: allow us to mouse over quest items to read a description of what the item is and where it can be found.

in one of the first quests you have to get apples and iron ore, i didnt know from the picture that iron ore was iron ore

i thought it was some kind of cracked egg

i realized you can get apples from bandits so i assumed the other item would be found as a hostile mob drop

eventually i noticed the different looking rock structure in the wildlands and mined it for iron ore but i walked around the entire map looking for a mob that dropped anything besides apples or meat

tbh the mouse over feature isnt even needed just need more instructions

MatiasDesu

Originally posted by: justtoff said:
Originally posted by: MatiasDesu said:
Yes, it looks like a grid of 5x5 maps, and each one is more or less divided up into 4 quadrants. I only saw ruined walls, plateaus, some with bare plains and rocks, and a few with columns.

I followed your advice, started a new game just now and tried it again. Finished the first few quests, walked out and went through the grid of 5x5 again. I didn't see a single tree...just the same features: plateaus, ruins, plains and columns. No trees, no animals, no water, as appears on the maps in the wiki.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is really weird... for example, right now I started a new game and the first map in the Wild Zone is a map with Apple trees and Iron rocks...
In theory, you are doing everything okay.

So, the only thing that I recommend to you is just starting a new game until you get the zone with apple trees...

MatiasDesu

Originally posted by: Dando said:
Same problem as Annorax. Fix It please. The game deserves, don't let it die.
Hi, try restarting the game, after that, just move the character to the top of the map and the mission should be completed.

Corsaire

Hello!

Three little things:

1) actions should be "auto repeat" if mouse button is still down
2) as many browser games (cf kongregate, armorgames, etc..) the game is paused if another tab of the same windows got the focus (can't "afk" to another tab when resting)
3) why the hell the tent is almost destroyed when going out of it???

twigalucie

What are the purple and yellowish (seems like a flower on it) buttons above the save button? I can't find an explanation and don't see any effects.

Two suggestions:
1) I'd like to be able to move stuff around after placing it.
2) Could we get keyboard shortcuts for stuf like opening the inventory etc.

Also I second the suggestion for being able to just hold the mouse button down rather than having to click multiple times.

twigalucie

Originally posted by: 0nionbooty said:
where do i place the grindstone? ive moused all over the house and outside the house but it wont let me build it anywhere

suggestion: allow us to mouse over quest items to read a description of what the item is and where it can be found.

in one of the first quests you have to get apples and iron ore, i didnt know from the picture that iron ore was iron ore

i thought it was some kind of cracked egg

i realized you can get apples from bandits so i assumed the other item would be found as a hostile mob drop

eventually i noticed the different looking rock structure in the wildlands and mined it for iron ore but i walked around the entire map looking for a mob that dropped anything besides apples or meat

tbh the mouse over feature isnt even needed just need more instructions
Thought the grindstone might go next to the kitchen etc. But the alchemy table leaves no room and there is no way to move stuff around...
Mouse over would be great

twigalucie

Sorry to say, but it seems you broke the wildlands instead of fixing them:
no trees or rocks
no enemies
no stairs onto the mountains
no go-home-sings
and I even encountered an invisible mountain - i collided with an invisible wall and there was a shadow on the ground cast by nothing...

twigalucie

Originally posted by: Danjel Ricci said:
Originally posted by: twigalucie said:
Sorry to say, but it seems you broke the wildlands instead of fixing them:
no trees or rocks
no enemies
no stairs onto the mountains
no go-home-sings
and I even encountered an invisible mountain - i collided with an invisible wall and there was a shadow on the ground cast by nothing...
This is really weird, we just played on two machines here and we're seeing everything fine. I'm pretty sure starting a new game will fix that for you, but it would be useful to know at what point in the game you are now, and what browser are you using.
OK, this is weird... xD Restarting the game and browser didn't fix it. But restarting the entire PC did it. No idea what the problem was. I'm playing on firefox. So if anyone else encounters this, maybe we can find out what the cause was.