Official Feudalife MAIN GAME feedback Thread

Notajoo

I'm stuck at the very beginning. I chopped all the trees, cut all the grass and mined all the stones. Now my map is completely empty (save for a casually regrowing tree or rock). The only items I can craft are the pickaxe, axe, sickle and pallet. I wasn't given any further quests, and I'm not allowed to leave for the wildlands... Have even waited several in-game days in a row, but I cannot proceed any further. What am I doing wrong?

OK, this is obviously not where it ends. After reading some of the posts in this thread I decided to start a new game. "What's the worst that could happen?" Well, I'll tell you what happened: all the gold I won in the Feudalife Challenge went *poof*. :cry: But at least my game seems not to be stuck in limbo anymore. :D
The same thing happened to me but I had gotten to the wildlife quest. I got to the quest, saved, quit, came back the next day and all quests were gone and I couldn't progress anymore. Had to start a new game and lost almost 3k in gold from the event. Never got any response from the devs after posting here and sending an email to support (who just told me to come post here) so I guess they don't really care about new players getting into or testing the game.

Agret

I'm playing on mobile and when I start the game I'm in a forest with a mailbox next to me. Can walk into the mailbox and tap on it but it doesn't do anything. There is a map exit to the north and to the east but both of them just say you can't go that way right now. Interesting top down game engine but I guess there's no game there yet.

The same thing happened to me but I had gotten to the wildlife quest. I got to the quest, saved, quit, came back the next day and all quests were gone and I couldn't progress anymore. Had to start a new game and lost almost 3k in gold from the event. Never got any response from the devs after posting here and sending an email to support (who just told me to come post here) so I guess they don't really care about new players getting into or testing the game.
Came back to the game after the night only to find that all the quests had vanished in my new playthrough... I really want to play, but I don't intend to start all over every new day.

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
Never got any response from the devs after posting here and sending an email to support (who just told me to come post here) so I guess they don't really care about new players getting into or testing the game.
You probably just missed a bunch of posts in this thread:
It's very likely you still had a corrupted savegame from a previous version and that won't go away unless you start a new game. Unfortunately these bugs are still happening, I often wrote this in the thread.
I recognize it's frustrating, but the game had a pretty rocky start and I'm trying my best to fix all this stuff, while working on the new features and help with the Challenge mode when needed.
We are aware of the save issues. Gold earned in Challenge is valid only for the current game state, so I know, it's really annoying when the save gets corrupt and that Gold is lost. I actually raised the problem to the team, but there are design decisions I can't take all by myself.

YellowTheoryBrew

I'm randomly crashing, sometimes after few steps, sometimes after 5min of farming.

So far I made axe/pick axe/scythe and did some farming. Will see how it will go later on but for now I can't really do much more as I can't build anything, don't have any quest, I can just farm this things and do challenges (that seems impossible to me :/)

lesderid

Game doesn't load, getting tons of "client disconnected"s and "client connected"s over the websocket but my connection is otherwise fine.

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
I'm randomly crashing, sometimes after few steps, sometimes after 5min of farming.

So far I made axe/pick axe/scythe and did some farming. Will see how it will go later on but for now I can't really do much more as I can't build anything, don't have any quest, I can just farm this things and do challenges (that seems impossible to me :/)
Sorry but what do you mean by 'crashing' ?

the browser crashes?
the game freezes?
The game goes Black screen?

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
The tab just turn off (even in full screen), the browser still working, just the tab.
The tab closes itself?

which OS and browser are you on?
do you run any script blocker?
Or any chrome extension ( if on Chrome ) ?

If you can please try to play with browser's developer console opened and check if you see any strange ( red ) log message.

YellowTheoryBrew

The tab closes itself?

which OS and browser are you on?
do you run any script blocker?
Or any chrome extension ( if on Chrome ) ?

If you can please try to play with browser's developer console opened and check if you see any strange ( red ) log message.
It's seems it have something to do with me hitting left ctrl and lmb/rmb at the same time, as it happened In challenge mode today twice too, , I will try reproduce it later but it don't happen every time so it's hard...

Last edited:
If you have never played Feudalife before and the first thing you do is do the Feudalife Challenge and get some gold, if you press "Continue" since you earned gold through the challenge the savefile the challenge creates for you basically softlocks your game in a state where you have 0 Stamina(can still walk and do stuff) and 0 Health (but not dead)
Where this bug stops you is that you cannot leave your farm as you never get quests beyond the point of creating your starter tools and makeshift bed (aka you dont get quest to craft the Hoe, Watering Can etc).

Fixed the bug by making a new save, deleting all progress I had made.

Edit: Played Challenge again and my new save is now softlocked once again. It apparently removed my quest to unlock the next steps.

Last edited:

darktribble

Due to a bug I can't cook meat anymore. After clicking the raw meat to cook, 1 unit disappears, but no cooked meat appears.
This started, when I accidentally cooked meat without having any space left in the backpack or elsewhere.
Please fix this!

I paused the game approx. one week ago when "Wild Hunt" was my active quest. Returned yesterday and found that the quest had disappeared. I can do whatever I want - there's no making progress anymore. Been to the the wilds and back, to hell and beyond, have digged over my entire field. All to no avail. I'm stuck again, and just like last time I'd lose around 6000 gold if I started over. :( Is there any way to avoid that?

FreaKill

I paused the game approx. one week ago when "Wild Hunt" was my active quest. Returned yesterday and found that the quest had disappeared. I can do whatever I want - there's no making progress anymore. Been to the the wilds and back, to hell and beyond, have digged over my entire field. All to no avail. I'm stuck again, and just like last time I'd lose around 6000 gold if I started over. :( Is there any way to avoid that?
I don't believe there is. In my experience the game doesn't seem to save quest progress, so you need to complete them all in one go.
I'd recommend not to worry about the gold too much - the game is in alpha, so glitches and game updates will inevitably wipe out your progress at some point.
For example, my farm land seems to have reset recently and the notice board has disappeared, though after I rebuilt my house everything inside was as I left it at least, and all the enemies in the wild lands are trying to go north-west instead of wandering around their spots.158

Last edited:

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
Hi players, I'm alive and kicking. Just a quick update, I'm currently working on these save issues, they are top priority now. It will take some time though. We will also add save slots for convenience.

I'd recommend not to worry about the gold too much - the game is in alpha, so glitches and game updates will inevitably wipe out your progress at some point.
This is true, though we really want to avoid this happening. I recognize it's been a mess with saves recently; in case of glitches in the future, we would like to at least keep player saves safe. In any case I don't exclude that game saves could be manually wiped out one last time later, since we are looking to change (and improve) the way we store data.

I worked a decent amount of real-time hours since my last post in this thread (10ish hours, I guess) in order to be able to buy the blueprint for a house. I bought and learned it and immediately found the black symbol for the house in my menu. When I realized that there was still something -11 logs- missing, I went to the wilds to retrieve them. However, when I brought home the missing materials, the option to build my home was gone. I now have no house, no blueprint - and no money. :(

The worst part is: the same issue occured yesterday when I bought the kitchen and grindstone blueprints. When I had bought and learned them, I realized that some materials were missing. After I had gone for those materials, the grindstone and kitchen had disappeared from the menu. I bought both a second time - and immediately created the structures. Now they are in my menu for good.

I guess you have to build a structure right away in order for it not to get lost... Should have definitely known better after that experience... Unfortunately, I didn't bother to take a screenshot after, or, even better: before, buying the house blueprint. Honestly, I'm really sad right now because I was looking forward to finally having a house.

Attachments

Last edited:

FireKnight

I bought the kitchen and grindstone blueprints. I learned them and created them in my space but I can't place them.
I also bought blueprints for forge and learned it right away. I realised that some materials were missing as guy before me. Then same thing happened structure disappeared from the menu.

Please fix this.

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
I bought the kitchen and grindstone blueprints. I learned them and created them in my space but I can't place them.
Working structures like these must be placed inside the house, there is a dedicated space for them; we'll add some in-game alerts for that.
I'm still working on the save issues (lost items, corrupted terrain, missing recipes, etc). Progress is going good but as I said before, it will take some time since it's a moderate overhaul.