Official Feudalife MAIN GAME feedback Thread

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
Quick update! The new save format is working as expected, I'm now replacing the old save parts with the new one. This will require some time to test, especially to make sure it won't break multiplayer games. I'm expecting to release this early next week, let's cross fingers.

miharkula

Decided to try again to see if the bug was fixed but before I even go into the game, I already notice something is wrong, The username shown on the screen is not even mine.202

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
This is definitely not ok. I'll report the issue to the backend team as soon as possible.

EDIT: a bit of insight on this, it's not happening to everyone but only to some specific profiles, this is not a global issue. We're investigating further.

EDIT2: @ap10 and @miharkula, actually that looks like your original IndieGala username (if you recall, the site gives you a random one first time you register). Seems like you connected a Steam profile without changing the original name- this makes your IndieGala profile show the Steam name, but Feudalife is still reading the previous, randomly generated one.
We're going to fix this (Feudalife will read the Steam name if available) but as we found so far your are still logging with your original account.

Last edited:

AP10

This is definitely not ok. I'll report the issue to the backend team as soon as possible.

EDIT: a bit of insight on this, it's not happening to everyone but only to some specific profiles, this is not a global issue. We're investigating further.

EDIT2: @ap10 and @miharkula, actually that looks like your original IndieGala username (if you recall, the site gives you a random one first time you register). Seems like you connected a Steam profile without changing the original name- this makes your IndieGala profile show the Steam name, but Feudalife is still reading the previous, randomly generated one.
We're going to fix this (Feudalife will read the Steam name if available) but as we found so far your are still logging with your original account.
Thank you!
Now it works correct.

miharkula

Unlinked steam account, updated username (strangest "random" username I had ever seen), logged off then back on, relinked steam account. Seems ok so far. I have to start the game over though due to the bug that caused the town NPCs to appear on the farm but that should not take all that long.

ASAC_Nobody

A very similar issue to the one that I had on Nov 13 (https://forums.indiegala.com/threads/official-feudalife-main-game-feedback-thread.94/post-11848) happened again. Last time, I learned the blueprint, found the house in the menu, but had to retrieve some missing materials. When I had gathered them, the option to build the house was gone.

Today, it was even worse: I grinded on one wilderness map for some time, and when I had found enough forage, I sought out the blueprint merchant, sold my accumulated goods, chose the blueprint for my future home, bought it and immediately devoured it. Leaving no trace of it whatsoever. After right-clicking, the blueprint was gone, there was still no option to build a house - and I was 36.000 Gold poorer for it.
I tried another (cheaper) blueprint just to double-check. Same result. And double-checked once more. Same result again.
Screenshot (871).pngScreenshot (872).pngScreenshot (873).pngScreenshot (874).pngScreenshot (875).pngScreenshot (876).png
What is happening here? And why? :(

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
What is happening here? And why? :(
This is still an issue related to save data not working properly. We haven't updated the game yet with the new save system so even though I know these bugs are extremely annoying, I expect them to happen with the version currently online.
I'm working on it- it's just that I prefer to directly deliver the new system instead of trying to fix the old one each and every day (and consequentially, delay the production of the new one). I should have released the new system earlier this week but it's taking a bit more time than I expected; progress is going well though.

ASAC_Nobody

I expect them to happen with the version currently online.
I did hesitate for a brief moment when I had gathered the funds, but eventually thought to myself, "what are the odds of the same issue occuring twice?". Guess, I should have listened to my gut.

Anyways, thank you for your answer. However, that raises two more questions:
1) since my save state is probably broken, what are the odds that it'll stay broken in the new system?
2) will my Feudalife Gold be carried over to the new system, or should players start a new game anyhow?
progress is going well though
I'm looking forward to it. :)

Danjel Ricci

Staff member
Anyways, thank you for your answer. However, that raises two more questions:
1) since my save state is probably broken, what are the odds that it'll stay broken in the new system?
2) will my Feudalife Gold be carried over to the new system, or should players start a new game anyhow?
Legit questions. The reply to both is that I'd like to salvage as much as possible from current save states, be it farm progress, items, gold, unlockables, etc. The current save system is kinda like a closed box and it's not easy to detect where things failed, and this may cause both good and corrupted data to carry over the new save system.
In short, there's a good chance you need to start over, but I might be able to recover parts of the old saves.