Scammers (Trade Sector)

It has been a long time, that Indiegala is infested with scammers and the site needs to take some action to solve this. I never fall for these scammers, but I get a lot of offers in my trades and after a few days I see in their profile ... that they deceived some users.

My suggestion is:
- New users should only create trade and giveaway from 100% guaranteed games.
- And to create trade and giveaway of non-guaranteed games, only after the user spending at least $ 40 on the site (more or less about 10 bundles).

Sigmar's Sausage

Looks like they all might even be the same person or are working together. Look closely. They have all upvoted each others trades to try and balance out the negative ones.

Marbull

Hi, I just received a duplicate key when trading.
I gave a negative feedback but I can no longer view the trade page or remember the profile name of this person.
Is there a way to know the user name from one of my past trade?

-=Wisefox=-

Hi I do not understand the whole essence of trading but my opinion is that I cheated on the first SDK, I found the game and put the game is not active before, after the end time of the transaction now I have not displayed the game code I was supposed to, not deals on grams, one of the deals was a Grant on my part, the game reserva in my profile as "Givi and trade continues..."what should happen next? Thanks in advance for the help!

Is there a game called Supreme Commander Gold Edition. I couldn't find it on steam. Worth 10 ig on the giveaway. Can yu put up a non-existant game, will it work?

Keeper Of Monsters

Originally posted by: philipgreenwood64 said:
Is there a game called Supreme Commander Gold Edition. I couldn't find it on steam. Worth 10 ig on the giveaway. Can yu put up a non-existant game, will it work?
Here - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11732/
It exists, and it's a pack of 2 games.
How legit are those giveaways and if they really include Gold edition or just one game - that's another question.

As for giveaways for non-existent games - in theory it shouldn't be possible. In practice - from time to time I still see GAs for some games that were deleted from Steam. And don't tell me that those were created before games were pulled from the store - you can make GAs for max period of 4 weeks and it's been longer since Steam stopped relationtip with sertain developers.
How people do it - I have no idea. IG platform is full of holes that cheaters exploit...

mickbisson

i like idea should start with guarented 100%

40$ start to be expansive for only trade, i already would like more offer from the site , and good game, just maybe should put big warning on the trade from user too much new,or have ltoo much -rep , and also , should only cant add a feed back, if they are on this warning list, ,new user couldt boost herself

True Defective

There are so many obvious scammers offering 'trades' that its a joke. ... new profiles with no feedback offering AAA games.

Can IndieGala do something about them please ? How about requiring users to reach level 1 from giveaways before they can offer a trade ? That would weed them out.

Unfortunately Indiegala does not do much about the Scammers. This topic has more than a year, with some interesting suggestions, including yours now, and nothing has changed.

What we can do is report, informing here in the topic and in the Indiegala support.

Tribe Of Lions

Hi everybody!

First of all, we're sorry for not yet publicly addressing this very important topic. Obviously, we're against anything fraudulent and we've been brainstorming on ways to eliminate any scamming practices. We've actually taken all of the very good suggestions here into consideration. We'll be crafting an appropriate technical response to this issue and will communicate more with you soon.

Thanks for all of your input. In the meantime, please do report anything suspicious to our support team and here in the forum.

Cheers!
-Al

tyrel_771

It's nice to see a moderator chime in.

I am new to this community (drawn in, admittedly, by giveaways). I tend to regularly get games via Chrono.gg or HumbleBundle which I may not care for, while (surely) somebody else would enjoy them a lot more. I really love the idea of the trading system available here. However, this system only works if trust can be established. Some of the ideas already put forward have been worth consideration. Maybe there should be criteria having to do with a person's steam account as well as a person's Indiegala account.

This site has some great potential. The Trades function, if it can be done properly, could end up being a bigger draw to Indiegala than the game bundles, or even the giveaways. If you guys just figure out how to make it work, it would set you apart from staple websites like Humblebundle or Chrono.gg.

In this past month I have gotten Mini Ninjas, Miscreated, Stories: The Path of Destinies, Whispering Willows, Absconding Zatwor, Dead Age, Millennium - A New Hope, Red Risk, They Came From The Moon, GooCublets, and even Quake Champions (Demo) - any of which I would gladly have given away for any >2$ game on my wishlist. I currently have a key or two which I haven't yet activated on steam, which I would be happy to trade - but I'm concerned that I may not get an authentic key in return.

nofencesphoto

I also traded with the same guy as Opa^^, under his Mohamed Salah username. I gave him a key for Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth which he quickly activated. Like Opa said, he did not put in a valid serial key for a game; instead, he just gave me a link to his OTHER Steam account and asked me to contact him there. I did and was told to wait 24 hours for his GameHag key to come through. When Opa contacted him he told Opa that he was at work and to get back to him later.

IndieGala,at LEAST prevent people from just typing anything they want into the "key" box when setting up as trade. I put in the actual game key. This guy just typed a message to contact him rather than a key. He could have typed whatever he wanted in there.

It is no big deal to me in the end, if he is so piss poor that he needs to scam his way into growing his Steam library then so be it. I should have known better than to trust someone with "CS" in his username :). Having contacted some of the Counter-Strike community that I actually consider friends this guy is apparently "known" and might just be in for a VERY rude surprise in the near future. I know how many of these Counter-Strike people react when they find out that they have lost everything they have worked for and have to start over from scratch with a new account :).

nofencesphoto

I flat out asked him to just tell me if he scammed me and he admitted that he did. That is an absolute first for me. Unbelievable...

Did you report this scammer to Indiegala support? For the Indiegala to take action against him and not deceive another user.