Official LiveQuiz feedback thread

Kaitzschu

Sickness or not, the fact that they can walk backwards still persists, regardless of cause. ;)
And that's the exact reasoning that makes parrots speak human languages.

"Regardless of a cause" is a very dangerous idea. That makes rocks able to fly, albeit just downwards.

Edit: actually, that reasoning makes rocks able to fly any direction (if thrown), although on their own they tend to fly only downwards, unless they are escaping the heat of a volcanic eruption.

TTRM

And that's the exact reasoning that makes parrots speak human languages.

"Regardless of a cause" is a very dangerous idea. That makes rocks able to fly, albeit just downwards.

Edit: actually, that reasoning makes rocks able to fly any direction (if thrown), although on their own they tend to fly only downwards, unless they are escaping the heat of a volcanic eruption.
If a rock has the proper shape, I'm sure it could gain altitude as well, assuming proper conditions are met. ;)

Kaitzschu

If a rock has the proper shape, I'm sure it could gain altitude as well, assuming proper conditions are met. ;)
But "gaining altitude" is a completely different thing! A porous rock released underwater will gain altitude, yet that's not flying.

But that could actually be a dormant state 🤔

TTRM

But "gaining altitude" is a completely different thing! A porous rock released underwater will gain altitude, yet that's not flying.

But that could actually be a dormant state 🤔
A sufficiently aerodynamical rock with enough integrity and a low enough mass could potentially gain altitude by being lifted up by air currents.

Edit:
Now, let's talk about trees.
In general, just... don't. If you cause a tree to fly, it may well come back to haunt you.

FreaKill

Well, technically a rock can't do anything - it's an inanimate object, it has thing done to it. It doesn't fly on its own, it can be thrown up or propelled by volcanic activity or thrown of a mountain by wind or tectonic activity.
As it is, rock just is.
EDIT And apparently we've already moved on from rocks while I was typing.

TTRM

If a tree flies in a forest but there is no one around to be haunted by it, does it make a sound 🤪
That depends. Is the forest concealed in a vacuum? If so, then no; sound doesn't travel through vacuum. ;)

Well, technically a rock can't do anything - it's an inanimate object, it has thing done to it. It doesn't fly on its own, it can be thrown up or propelled by volcanic activity or thrown of a mountain by wind or tectonic activity.
As it is, rock just is.
EDIT And apparently we've already moved on from rocks while I was typing.
Gotta be faster. ;)

TTRM

But travelling implies existence, so just being in a vacuum doesn't mean sound wouldn't be made!
Does anything really exist though?
Or is existence itself reliant on our conviction that it does exist?
If we cease believing that existence exists, will existence unravel and cease to exist?

...or is that a bit too existensial? ;p

Kaitzschu

Does anything really exist though?
Or is existence itself reliant on our conviction that it does exist?
If we cease believing that existence exists, will existence unravel and cease to exist?

...or is that a bit too existensial? ;p
I'm 110 percent certain the answer is

Hatsuzuki

Got a weird one this time, timer froze on q1 at 3 seconds for quite a long time. I reloaded and got back in on q2, which only dsiplayed the question and answers when the solution got revealed, so overall lost 30 points. I feel like this was due to my connection though, has been a bit wonky ever since I came back home today.