Official LiveQuiz feedback thread

TTRM

..but I think this is just an isolated glitch, not sure if it can get reproduced.
Apparently I have reproduced it. I have looked at my logs. I think a see the reason why I got the extra points, but not sure why it happened. Don't think I should share it here as someone might find a "creative" way to use it. ;)
Oh, come on now. Spill the beans. You can trust us. ;p
I'm sure nobody would choose to intentionally exploit such an opportunity. 😇

Truth be told, I am curious, but I'd never actually use such an exploit. Worst case scenario, anyone who knowingly abuses such an exploit risk getting banned, and thus potentially losing all their winnings, should they have any credits left on their account...

Kaitzschu

Apparently I have reproduced it. I have looked at my logs. I think a see the reason why I got the extra points, but not sure why it happened. Don't think I should share it here as someone might find a "creative" way to use it. ;)
A server should never trust the client doing the right thing. Just as the client always has to trust the user doing silly things 🤪

ASAC_Nobody

Oh, come on now. Spill the beans. You can trust us. ;p
I'm sure nobody would choose to intentionally exploit such an opportunity. 😇
Yeah, dude. I just want to double-check so I can confirm or refute what they're claiming. All in the name of science, of course.

freakill

By the way here's another argument in favour of font change:
As you can see O and 0 are identical. It's not that big of a deal this time, even Google guessed that FFCOCB must've meant FFC0CB, but still.

Mr. Gentleman

Staff member
Even the quiz master got 530 points, he got 2180 as well 🤣
Got me there, I actually played from my phone while attending a birthday party, I too got the glitch people reported here.

I will keep passing on to the tech team the (not so isolated) situations, but since the quiz code hasn't been changed for months now, It's quite a wonder that there are times when it just works without a hiccup and other times when we simply discover new bugs.

I will also try to persuade them about a font change.

Grats oldgreydonkey for going PLUS ULTRA.

Reiten

Visual bug on question 2.
Going by the log should have been on the winner list if I hadn't messed up on question 5. Still can't change the answer once selected.

Hobbes

got the so called "visual bug" on question 1 and 2 today (but messed up other questions O:) )

freakill

I'm pretty sure #3 mixed the hint and the explanation.
Yeah I was convinced that with a hint that blunt the question would require some knowledge about Verona.

Question #2 made me paranoid whether it was a trick question, since while Juliet is a Capulet she's secretly married to Romeo throughout most of the play, so I was half expecting the quiz to go "Psych! Her surname's technically Montague"

PS: Oh no! Filu has lost the glorious lead. Hold the position, oldgreydonkey. We're rooting for you!

Last edited: