Report Giveaways Here

bottledinbond

Says in the description they are GOG games.

Pastelpainter

I'm (stil quite) new to Indiegala and was looking on the forum before I start to give games away myself but oh boy am I dissapointed to read here about those scammers & cheaters, so sad some people are prepared to abuse an otherwise wonderful idea / system, very sad really

Pastelpainter

what the... '50% this game ...or another random game' that is so dishonest, people doing things like that should be banned from the giveways imho

I've put my first giveaways up and they're great games and I guarantee the keys are legit
Anyway I've noticed someone who is giving away a key that was free, I got that specific game (The Uncertain: last quiet day) for free a couple of days ago, I guess it's in theory not against the rules but also not very honest way to get your xp imho:

bottledinbond

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris and Tomb Raider (2013) are both currently free on both Square Enix store and Steam. There's around 50 of the Tomb Raider listings right now.

bottledinbond

There's even one GA for Tomb Raider that will last until long after the expiration date of the key. 🤦‍♂️
Looks like that one has been dealt with but there's still a Tomb Raider and a pile of The Temple of Osiris giveaways still going on.

bottledinbond

Still getting some of those Tomb Raider and Lara Croft games given away free recently but it's way less than it has been.

mseals

Yea they are blocked .. just some people use glitches to get them posted anyway.

bottledinbond

Yea they are blocked .. just some people use glitches to get them posted anyway.
You're right lol. I don't know how they glitch the system but they are persistent. Especially the guy making these.

starporcasa

The users who posted those GAs are not to blame, Indiegala's shitty website is.

You see, the Arcane Raise Complete Pack is a bundle as you can see from its URL: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3010

But whoever programmed the GA section of the website ignores the type of Steam resource and for some reason assumes them all as '/app/'. That's why what appears in the end is Xpand Rally, which has Steam AppID 3010: http://store.steampowered.com/app/3010

It happens all the time with '/bundle/'s and '/sub/'s, but usually their ID doesn't coincide with that of an App and no image appears in the GA. This is one of the rare cases in which it does.

Mede Meques

In my country (Brazil), this type of "glitch" is known by another name. This is called corruption - someone who is a friend of someone inside the institution ends up being favored by circumventing the rules.
I often see users posting banned games. Sometimes, costing Gala coins above normal.

Kikanek

I couldn't find any rules by which to determine whether this is allowed, but I am pretty certain that giving away closed alpha keys, such as in this case, is not nearly ethical. It effectively deprives developers of the feedback that they so much need at this stage.

If I happen to win this giveaway, that key is getting sent back straight to the developer, who, I can only hope, will be able to identify the fraud and ensure that no more developers make the mistake of entrusting them with a key...

Mojster

https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/608074

The key wasn't anything close to what the giveaway was all about, it was some complementary reviwer package, that gaved some games that all were removed already from steam, like isis simulator, trigger simulator, rearcane(or something like that, no what so ever related to arcane raise) and 2 more, which I've already removed from my game list.

This giveaway clearly wasn't an "accident", but a scam and I've given the user thumbs down.

I have won a few other giveaways so far and this was the only one that was a scam 😡