Report Giveaways Here

mseals

If it is a guaranteed one then you need to contact support The person giving it away has no bearing on that key.

Sandsniper

This is simply a place to report if you feel a giveaway is breaking the rules. and it will be looked into. Since everything is done manually it may take a few but it will be looked at. thank you for your reporting and help making Indiegala a decent place for giveaways.
This is I
This is simply a place to report if you feel a giveaway is breaking the rules. and it will be looked into. Since everything is done manually it may take a few but it will be looked at. thank you for your reporting and help making Indiegala a decent place for giveaways.
[ This is the 3rd time I beleive I have gotten A skara key maybe 4th and its free to play maybe dlc or something but i keep getting the same crap

mseals

unfortunately that is out of My realm. I mean I can ban the giveaways but in doing so would ban any legit ones .. Just have to email support

ASAC_Nobody

Nothing to report here, but an observation + suggestion:

I created a giveaway for the game "Aliens Invaded Our Planet". Mere seconds after the GA was finished, I received a negative feedback from that user claiming it was a duplicate key. So far, so good.
However, that got me thinking about what I would do in such a case, which is pretty obvious: try to contact the giver. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened to this day. My forum profile isn't exactly hard to find. However, I can't say the same about the recipient whose user name is as generic as can be (just one upper-case letter. Maybe in order not to be found / contacted?)

This was my first (and sole) negative feedback to this day. Maybe I should just count my blessings and move on. But there's something else: this user has himself not created a single giveaway (according to their trade profile...), but is still eligible to give others negative feedback.
How about making it a requirement to be at least level one (or have at least received, say, 10 - or 20 - positive reactions to your GAs) in order to be eligible for giving negative feedback (very similar to the way the big four letter online auction site is working)? And / or even have the recipient contact the giver (via form...) prior to giving a negative feedback? Just my two cents...

Last edited:

mseals

Nothing to report here, but an observation + suggestion:

I created a giveaway for the game "Aliens Invaded Our Planet". Mere seconds after the GA was finished, I received a negative feedback from that user claiming it was a duplicate key. So far, so good.
However, that got me thinking about what I would do in such a case, which is pretty obvious: try to contact the giver. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened to this day. My forum profile isn't exactly hard to find. However, I can't say the same about the recipient whose user name is as generic as can be (just one upper-case letter. Maybe in order not to be found / contacted?)

This was my first (and sole) negative feedback to this day. Maybe I should just count my blessings and move on. But there's something else: this user has himself not created a single giveaway (according to their trade profile...), but is still eligible to give others negative feedback.
How about making it a requirement to be at least level one (or have at least received, say, 10 - or 20 - positive reactions to your GAs) in order to be eligible for giving negative feedback (very similar to the way the big four letter online auction site is working)? And / or even have the recipient contact the giver (via form...) prior to giving a negative feedback? Just my two cents...
Well it would be nice if people would contact first. About every giveaway i have done was guaranteed and I still had some that were bad. It happens. the negative feedback goes more on a % than anything else . For instance if you gave away say 1,000 games and have 50 negative feedback the site doesn't look at it as a big deal.. Personally I do But isn't my site. But then again I don't enter giveaways because I feel people would be upset if I won.

ASAC_Nobody

Just a friendly reminder to always reflect upon who you admit to your GAs and who you exclude from them.
Screenshot (2290)_2.jpgScreenshot (2289).jpg
I guess this is not even against the rules. But: taking part in a GA only to give it away again right away while not even bothering giving a feedback is, at least in my eyes, somewhat questionable. Has me thinking how many use this method in order to inflate their trade profile.
Screenshot (2294).jpgScreenshot (2291)_2.jpgScreenshot (2293)_2.jpg

Which raises two more questions:
1) why not automatically block somebody from giving away a game they have won in an Indiegala giveaway (with the same profile... I guess some users might even have multiple scam profiles on here...)? Simple as that: "you have won A - you can't give away A anymore". I don't even see any downsides to this.
2) And why not prevent somebody from entering a giveaway of the same giver AND the same game when they have already won it from them?
Analogous to the above example: "You have won A from X - you can't enter a giveaway of A from X anymore." (You could still enter X's GAs and GAs of A - but not the combination A/X)

I'm checking my past GAs (and the respective winners) right now and gotta admit: the number of slots in my blacklist are not even remotely sufficient for all those that I'd like to exclude...

Last edited:

ASAC_Nobody

Story of a Gladiator Soundtrack is being given away on Alienwarearena right now:

Has already reached the giveaway section.
This is the first one, ending in around 19 h: https://www.indiegala.com/giveaways/detail/593873 There are currently 14 of them.

Last edited:

Stranger

Just a friendly reminder to always reflect upon who you admit to your GAs and who you exclude from them.
View attachment 422View attachment 418
I guess this is not even against the rules. But: taking part in a GA only to give it away again right away while not even bothering giving a feedback is, at least in my eyes, somewhat questionable. Has me thinking how many use this method in order to inflate their trade profile.
View attachment 421View attachment 423View attachment 424

Which raises two more questions:
1) why not automatically block somebody from giving away a game they have won in an Indiegala giveaway (with the same profile... I guess some users might even have multiple scam profiles on here...)? Simple as that: "you have won A - you can't give away A anymore". I don't even see any downsides to this.
2) And why not prevent somebody from entering a giveaway of the same giver AND the same game when they have already won it from them?
Analogous to the above example: "You have won A from X - you can't enter a giveaway of A from X anymore." (You could still enter X's GAs and GAs of A - but not the combination A/X)

I'm checking my past GAs (and the respective winners) right now and gotta admit: the number of slots in my blacklist are not even remotely sufficient for all those that I'd like to exclude...
I don't think that blocking will help, but it would be nice to make some restrictions. I will make some additions. For example:

1. When you win a game, you can't give it (or other keys from it) away until you don't leave feedback.
2. When you win a game and leave feedback, you can create GA with this key after 3 days (if it was not guaranteed GA) and 1 day (if it was guaranteed GA).

Last edited: