Official Feudalife CHALLENGE feedback Thread

Kup

Hello.

Thanks for this Feudalife challenge.

I also won 3 games today, but received 2 prizes (and emails about "Indiegala Giveaway!") only.
The last one was with 6 seconds malus (54 seconds in total) and for 12 rocks. But in the "Notice from the King" it shows "Keys won = 2".

After this, in the Feudalife game I saw that there are no tools, house and crops, etc., like something cleared it.

Attached some screenshots for 3 games won:
1_won_20191202_092040_UTC.png2_won_20191202_094519_UTC.png3_won_20191202_100050_UTC.png
for "Notice from the King":
Notice_after_3_won_20191202_103543_UTC.png
and Feudalife game before and after 3 games won.
Feudalife_before_20191129_185141_UTC.pngFeudalife_after_20191202_103953_UTC.png

Probably, something corrupted my autosave in the process (or after this). I didn't use manual save. Also noticed that profile page didn't open for some time after victory (i.e. like reloading again and again). In the meantime I tried to open Feudalife game and saw black screen for game's rectangle once. I just report about this and may understand that some errors are possible in this stage of development.

Last edited:

TTRM

Despite not expecting a different result, I decided to do one more round, for the sake of supplying you with some more data to look at.

(All times noted are of local UTC+1)
Challenge loaded at 13:00:02
prscr9.jpegprscr14.jpeg

Challenge started at 13:00:09
prscr10.jpegprscr15.jpeg

Challenge requirements met at 13:01:04, with more than 3 seconds to spare (took a few seconds to take the screenshot, hence only 3s being left on the clock in the screenshot)
prscr11.jpegprscr16.jpeg

Challenge concluded at 13:01:09, with a confirming win-message
prscr12.jpegprscr17.jpeg

Following this, no new prize-entry was present in my profile, nor did I receive any e-mail to confirm the win.

Loading up the next challenge (which I did not proceed to play) shows the same 12 malus applied, and only 4 keys won.
prscr13.jpegprscr18.jpeg

Concluding my challenges for today, as it seems it's broken again.

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
I won two times. The 1st key worked perfectly fine but the 2nd one did not register in my profile and no email was sent as if I had lost the challenge. The notice even says that I only won once (but I didn't). The last challenge I won was the tree cutting, please help me!View attachment 205
this may be a visual bug or a glitch in time calculation ( and this is what caused all the other 'missing wins' bug )
We just spotted a visual bug that mkes timer flows visually slower. apparently it occurs only in challenges with handicap.

Do you remember the current handicap level you played with?

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
To Everyone:

We just spotted a MAJOR bug that affected only players with a handicap.

We are fixing it and uploading a new version ( server side ) within the next 15 mins.

Please be patient.

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
Despite not expecting a different result, I decided to do one more round, for the sake of supplying you with some more data to look at.

(All times noted are of local UTC+1)
Challenge loaded at 13:00:02
View attachment 225View attachment 226

Challenge started at 13:00:09
View attachment 227View attachment 228

Challenge requirements met at 13:01:04, with more than 3 seconds to spare (took a few seconds to take the screenshot, hence only 3s being left on the clock in the screenshot)
View attachment 229View attachment 230

Challenge concluded at 13:01:09, with a confirming win-message
View attachment 231View attachment 232

Following this, no new prize-entry was present in my profile, nor did I receive any e-mail to confirm the win.

Loading up the next challenge (which I did not proceed to play) shows the same 12 malus applied, and only 4 keys won.
View attachment 233View attachment 234

Concluding my challenges for today, as it seems it's broken again.
Yeah you got those results due to the visual bug i was referring to.

Now is updated and fixed.

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

Thanks for this Feudalife challenge.

I also won 3 games today, but received 2 prizes (and emails about "Indiegala Giveaway!") only.
The last one was with 6 seconds malus (54 seconds in total) and for 12 rocks. But in the "Notice from the King" it shows "Keys won = 2".

After this, in the Feudalife game I saw that there are no tools, house and crops, etc., like something cleared it.

Attached some screenshots for 3 games won:
View attachment 212View attachment 213View attachment 214
for "Notice from the King":
View attachment 215
and Feudalife game before and after 3 games won.
View attachment 216View attachment 217

Probably, something corrupted my autosave in the process (or after this). I didn't use manual save. Also noticed that profile page didn't open for some time after victory (i.e. like reloading again and again). In the meantime I tried to open Feudalife game and saw black screen for game's rectangle once. I just report about this and may understand that some errors are possible in this stage of development.
About feudalife data corruption: don't bother much about it. We are totally rewriting save system in a new text-based scalable one so to avoid data corruption in the future. ( post in other thread by the way;-) )

ASAC_Nobody

Timer updated correctly and every win resulted in a key.
A Game of Dwarves
Tropico 4 Retail
*El Matador
TRAUMA
*Leisure Suit Larry - Magna Cum Laude Uncut and Uncensored
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
Oil Rush Bundle Retail Activation

* = have won these before
Tropico looks cool, and I will definitely play Duke Nukem during my classic games sessions

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
Timer updated correctly and every win resulted in a key.
A Game of Dwarves
Tropico 4 Retail
*El Matador
TRAUMA
*Leisure Suit Larry - Magna Cum Laude Uncut and Uncensored
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
Oil Rush Bundle Retail Activation

* = have won these before
Tropico looks cool, and I will definitely play Duke Nukem during my classic games sessions
Glad to hear this.

By the way, you know that you can edit Both your avatar and nick AND / OR replace it completely with the equivalents of your steam profile, right ? ;)

ASAC_Nobody

By the way, you know that you can edit Both your avatar and nick AND / OR replace it completely with the equivalents of your steam profile, right ? ;)
Well, maybe I am PurpleUnusualAwe and my Steam avatar is an 8-bit bow and arrow... On a more serious note: I do know that I can theoretically change them, but there seem to be some issues with my forum profile. I've had a different avatar on my store profile for a while now, but the forum profile refuses vehemently to sync. The system would even reject any manually uploaded avatar... Plus, I'm basically stuck with this absolutely dumb signature of mine - there is no option to delete this anymore. :D (And, as if all that was not enough, I cannot access my forum profile on mobile devices anymore. Something is terribly broken, but since I'm too afraid to touch it I have learned to come to terms with it.) I might ask the tech team for help someday. :D

this may be a visual bug or a glitch in time calculation ( and this is what caused all the other 'missing wins' bug )
We just spotted a visual bug that mkes timer flows visually slower. apparently it occurs only in challenges with handicap.

Do you remember the current handicap level you played with?
Yes. The 1st game that I won was mining rocks. I lost several challenges after that then I won the tree chopping challenge with a -3s malus penalty. That aside do we get any compensation for our missing prizes? I mean it'd be nice to get what's rightfully ours.

RiciRick

Administrator
Staff member
Well, maybe I am PurpleUnusualAwe and my Steam avatar is an 8-bit bow and arrow... On a more serious note: I do know that I can theoretically change them, but there seem to be some issues with my forum profile. I've had a different avatar on my store profile for a while now, but the forum profile refuses vehemently to sync. The system would even reject any manually uploaded avatar... Plus, I'm basically stuck with this absolutely dumb signature of mine - there is no option to delete this anymore. :D (And, as if all that was not enough, I cannot access my forum profile on mobile devices anymore. Something is terribly broken, but since I'm too afraid to touch it I have learned to come to terms with it.) I might ask the tech team for help someday. :D
Thank you for the feedback.

Try to logout on your profile then login ( indiegala.com/profile and push the 'Sync user Data ' button ) let me know!

tugamix666

OK played some challenges today, here's some feedback:
  • First challenge was sapling picking and I'm not sure if I just got pretty luck with lots of "good" saplings or if its balanced now. I did see some pics here with more "bad" than you could afford to pick;
  • In the hoeing challenge the victory/reward screen took 2-3 seconds to appear. I had 3 second malus for this one, but long as you focus on the dirt squares you should get enough to win;
  • 6 second malus 7/8 trees, MAYBE if you got them all in one line you could do it, but it would be close;
  • 6 second malus 13/13 rocks and I missed at least three clicks, just stick to the brown rocks;
  • 9 second malus 16/16 watering challenge, missed 3 at least, got done in just the nick of time.
Not even going to attempt anything more than 9 seconds, I wasn't even gonna do another when I got 9 but I thought I should to check how "possible" it was, but I probably got the best challenge for it. As for the other failed attempts they were the archer challenge and sickle challenge(both 6 second malus).
The archer challenge tactic of "just charge thems and spam attack" doesn't seem to have worked so great because I thought I got the last guy before he got me but oh well, and the sickle challenge I had 6 second malus and missed 4-5 clicks

Keys won today:
  1. Dungeon Crawlers HD
  2. Dungeon Crawlers HD
  3. Victory: The Age of Racing
  4. Plush
Would like it if keys got sorted by when they were won instead of all jumbled up in the library, but for now I guess the search function will do to find the newest key won...

AquaGarbSorcerer

I won today one challenge and reward appears in my profile, but after click on the "Steam Icon" i get empty space instead Steam key.
I tired on Chrome, Firefox and Opera, Screen below:

TTRM

So.... What happened to "maximum malus of 15 seconds"?
prscr1.jpeg
I'm not even gonna bother trying with this magnitude of penalty. Many of the challenges are already impossible to complete at 12 or more malus. 15 malus renders all but 2 challenges impossible. With 15+, I dear say ALL challenges are impossible.

ASAC_Nobody

So.... What happened to "maximum malus of 15 seconds"?
View attachment 252
I'm not even gonna bother trying with this magnitude of penalty. Many of the challenges are already impossible to complete at 12 or more malus. 15 malus renders all but 2 challenges impossible. With 15+, I dear say ALL challenges are impossible.
The maximum malus is 20 seconds now which has pretty much left the realm of feasibility. I will resolve on playing every other day now. :D

Problem is: the key counter is not updating correctly. mine claims that I've won 7 keys within the past 24 hours when I only won 4 of my past 7 keys during that time.

Attachments

Last edited:

busra

you can't win anything after 4 wins they increased handicap to 20 and increased challenges requirements its weird
for example on archer challenge you need to slay 10 archer but in 40 seconds you can only see 8 archer max :D

TTRM

Problem is: the key counter is not updating correctly. mine claims that I've won 7 keys within the past 24 hours when I only won 4 of my past 7 keys during that time.
That's a valid point to point out. Didn't take notice of it myself until you mentioned it, but yeah. 4 of my 6 keys were won more than 48 hours ago, and the latter 2 more were from yesterday.
Starting to suspect that the "24 hour cooldown" resets upon each new key-aquisition.

JFRR

Remove the malus only work for 1 challenge or is bugged? I lowered it 3 times, but it keeps resetting once the challenge ends and I try again.